Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thank goodness for garden gloves..................

For the last couple weeks I have been working diligently at extending my garden. It isn't an easy process. The section that I am working on had heavy bermuda grass. Bermuda is a real bugger to remove. It has deep, tangled, invasive roots. And if you come to a point that you think you have it all, guess again.

My method is to dig up a big chunk of ground, drop it back down to the ground and reach down with my gloved hands to start wiggling out the grass and roots. I am lucky I was paying close attention yesterday because as I flipped over a chunk of ground and was just getting ready to reach into the soil I saw this little critter..................................ICK!! I still have goosebumps today. This little guy is pretty small and the smaller they are the more poisonous they are.

No comments: