Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I Am Not A Happy Camper........


Pizza Boy went tubing down the Salt River on Monday. Seriously doesn't make me happy, I don't see FUN, I see DANGER.

The river is about a 2 hour drive away. Pizza Boy was supposed to call and let me know they arrived but of course that never happened. He was also supposed to call and let me know when they got off the river and that never happened either.

Pizza boy had fun but there are a couple things that still just make me sick to my stomach. When you get to the river you have to take a bus up to the drop off point. So off they go with their tubes and ice chest and rope etc etc. When the boys got to the drop off point they got all tied up together. One of the brand new tubes he had just bought had a hole in it so that one was tossed in the garbage. They tied the remaining tubes and ice chest together and they were on their way. A little way into the trip the ice chest flipped! They lost all but two bottles of water and all of their snacks. This is the really stupid part. It is a four hour trip down the river and they recommend at two bottles of water per person per hour. So out of sixteen bottles they only had two, NOT GOOD! Of course being young boys they float on down the river anyways. I can't forget to mention it was about 117 on Monday.

And what do you think they forgot to do at the beginning of the trip? They forgot to put on sunscreen. They were fried. They are both so lucky they didn't end up in the hospital! And they are very lucky they had more water in the car.

So on the way home the boys stopped to get a burger. They are about 35 minutes away and I FINALLY get a call from them that I have been waiting for all day. Pizza Boy says, oh we had fun but I have a slight problem, I just locked my keys in the car. Sigh. I was still working so hubby who had just gotten home had to hop in the car and drive right back up to the city.

Ahh the stress. And the boys are planning on going again soon. They certainly need to come up with a better rig for the ice chest.

(these pictures were borrowed from the internet)

No comments: