Thursday, January 10, 2008

Look what we made............


Or should I say look what I made last week. My kids love bread and butter pickles. They can wipe out a jar in one meal. So my proposition to make a few jars was met with skepticism and a bit of disbelief.


My first task in this mission was to find a recipe, so to my trusty computer I headed and found one that I felt would work.


Then off to the store for supplies. And a few hours later...........voila, eight jars of bread and butter pickles. Disgregard the fact that only seven are pictured. You will just have to use your imagination to figure out what happened to the last one.


Yet I still see skepticism on my children's faces. So I pop open a jar and offer samples to the doubting Thomases. The look on my youngest child's face after she bit into her first pickle was hilarious. Her eyes popped and she had a look of amazement. Her mother, who she probably feels is inept (as most children do feel) had actually created a masterpiece. Yeah, yeah they are just pickles but give me my moment of glory won't you.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you tell stories.glad the dog came home.I have put the blog in my favorites MOM

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.