Thursday, April 15, 2010

Something seriously wrong with Origami Girl........

Just a reminder to those that don't know, Origami Girl is my youngest child. She is 13 years old and anyone who as ever had a girl that age can understand my concerns.

A couple of nights ago during dinner Origami Girl looked at me and told me I was a good cook. I must have had a deer in the headlights kind of look on my face because Origami Girl laughed and said "gosh mom, just because I never say it doesn't mean I don't love you". That whole incident really stunned me because over the last couple years she has lost all traces of being my sweet loving little child and just like most kids her age, she thinks I am a blooming idiot.

Last night, after a long day at work, I was in the kitchen starting dinner. Origami Girl was sitting on the sofa and looked at me and asked me if I needed any help. This time I am sure I had more than a deer in the headlights kind of look on my face. This time I am sure my body hit the floor as I lost conciousness. Hopefully her next offer of assistance will be to sweep and mop as I am still picking bits of rice and other crumbs from my hair.

So can you see my concerns? Where did this streak of kindness come from? Should I call to make her an appointment at Mayo? Do you think they would laugh at me ? : )

No comments: