Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Adventures in Sourdough........

I really enjoy baking and am always on the hunt for great recipes. I have found a basic sandwich bread recipe that I adore and have decided to now move on and experiment with sourdough. I have used had a sourdough starter before but it was never as active as the one I started this week.

I am a big fan of the breadtopia.com website and they have a fantastic sourdough recipe.


I chose to make sourdough pancakes for my first experiment with my sourdough.


The recipe starts the night before with a cup of sourdough and a couple cups of flour and water. I was really pleased to see the activity the next morning. This is a whole wheat starter hence the offwhite color.This recipe made some delicious pancakes. Everyone asked for more.

No comments: